Simpson Coulson Limited designs and manufactures load bearing engineered structural frames, for entire buildings or extensions on to or on top of existing buildings.
The structural package comprises internal and external wall panels, floor and ceiling cassettes, roof and basement structures. In addition a range of other elements can be incorporated such as stairs, lift shafts, bay and projecting windows, balconies and walkways.
SCL offer a range of benefits including:
- Design flexibility, maximizing habitable space
- Lightweight, ideal for brownfield sites, reduced foundation requirement
- Speed of construction, less time on site, quicker return on capital
- rapid water tight envelope, reducing weather delays
- quality performance, no shrinking, creeping or rot
- high levels of acoustic and thermal performance
- non combustible, reduced fire risk
- sustainable solution, reduces waste, ability to exceed sustainable building code requirements
All SCL components are precision engineered within our manufacturing facility. Using sophisticated software our CAD Technicians upload panel designs directly to our roll forming machines to produce self-jigging ready for assembly framing components, eliminating the cutting requirement on site and consequently any waste.
Detailed assembly drawings accompany the individually referenced components
SCL manufacture and supply pre-engineered volumetric units. We offer factory to factory pod supply in the form of wall panels and floor cassettes or as fully assembled airframes and, for modular housing schemes, structurally engineered load bearing modules.
We will work with clients to create bespoke modular solutions for a wider range of applications such as temporary concession pods, marketing suites, and transportable sales offices.